Virtual Environment Support
The Most Economical and Accommodating Virtualization Solution
Ciphertex NAS servers are certified for VMware® vSphere4 (ESX 4.0 and above) and Citrix® XenServer virtualization platforms. It is also compliant with Microsoft Hyper-V. Compared with traditional SAN (Storage Area Network), Ciphertex NAS servers are the most cost-efficient solution with much lower setup and maintenance costs. Incredibly powerful and efficient hardware at a fraction of the cost. With Ciphertex NAS server devices you can:
- Leverage all the benefits of virtualization technologies.
- Increase the flexibility of the virtualization environment.
- Improve data management continuity.
- Integrate with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer.
- Lower your overall IT costs, increase efficiency, while making your business more environmentally friendly.
- NAS + iSCSI Hybrid storage solution Ciphertex NAS servers can serve as a NAS (network-attached storage) server for file sharing and as an iSCSI storage device concurrently.
- Flexible multiple LUNs management The Ciphertex NAS server supports multiple LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) and iSCSI targets. The LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from, and switched among different iSCSI targets.
- Secure IP SAN environment designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking. The advanced ACL (Access Control List) offers the capability to block the access from unauthorized initiators.
- SPC-3 Persistent Reservation. The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. The administrator can set up Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V, and execute virtual machine live migration between Hyper-V hosts.
- Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported With the support of MPIO (Multipath Input Output) and MC/S (Multiple Connections per Session) on the Ciphertex NAS server. Users can connect to the iSCSI targets on the NAS using two or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, with MC/S settings better data transmission performance is achieved.
Developed for Virtualized and Clustered Environments
Comparing with the high cost of Fibre Channel SAN devices, the Ciphertex NAS server is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware, Citrix and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
Citrix® XenServer™ is an enterprise-class, cloud-proven server virtualization platform that delivers critical features of live migration and centralized multi-server management at no cost. Ciphertex NAS server products have passed Citrix verification.
VMware® vSphere™ is the industry’s first cloud operating system that offers a way to reduce IT costs and increase responsiveness. Ciphertex NAS servers VMware Ready products have been certified as compatible with VMware vSphere4 (ESX 4.0) and higher virtualization platforms.
Windows Server® 2008 R2 Hyper-V™
The next generation hypervisor-based server virtualization technology is available as an integral feature of Windows Server 2008 R2 and enables IT to easily implement server virtualization. Ciphertex NAS servers Hyper-V compatible products are built-in with iSCSI service and compliant with SPC-3 persistent reservation for Windows 2008 Failover Cluster and Cluster Shared Volume. They provide interoperability between Hyper-V environments and Ciphertex NAS server devices.