The confluence of digital technologies, increased dependence on cyber data transfer methods and the purchase and deployment of new operational concepts, has impacted the energy industry’s ability to secure data and prohibit cyber security breaches.
Whether your organization is producing, transporting, distributing, or provides services for oil, natural gas, coal, nuclear power, renewable energy and fuels, as well as electricity, smart grid, and demand response technologies, protecting data is essential.
Ciphertex Data Security provides business critical applications such as encryption, backup and recovery, and scalability through practical rugged and portable solutions which offer flexible data management and security on the go that can help you to solve or prevent # of the Top Ten Energy Cyber Security Vulnerabilities1
1. Lack of cyber security awareness and training among employees: Train your employees on the simple and intuitive Ciphertex Data Security products while reinforcing the importance of following Ciphertex Data Security’s protocols in key management, file sharing, and best practices.
2. Remote work during operations and maintenance: Eliminate the unnecessary exposure of your data by implementing Ciphertex Data Security NAS or RAID encrypted rugged drives on site at all remote work locations.
3. Using standard IT products with known vulnerabilities in the production environment: Eliminate unprotected products from your work flow and replace them with Ciphertex Data Security’s solutions for various data needs.
4. A limited cyber security culture among vendors, suppliers and contractors: Remove the threat of exposed and vulnerable data with Ciphertex Data Security’s end-to-end solution.
5. Insufficient separation of data networks: Isolate data sets within Ciphertex Data Security’s NAS or RAID rugged encrypted secure drives, only to be transferred by trained personnel into the main data network, eliminating insufficient separation of data networks.
6. The use of mobile devices and storage units including smartphones: The Ciphertex Data Security solution is the storage unit, and eliminates the dangers of having data transferred on inferior, non-encrypted drives or mobile devices.
7. Data networks between on- and offshore facilities: Eliminate the threat of having your data compromised between on and offshore facilities by securing it with Ciphertex Data Security’s NAS or RAID encrypted secure rugged drives.
8. Insufficient physical security of data rooms, cabinets, etc.: Ciphertex Data Security drives are key encrypted secure to the standards of our toughest customers, namely the U.S. Government.
9. Vulnerable software: All Ciphertex Data Security products are engineered to work with your secure software.
10. Outdated and aging control systems in facilities: Circumvent your outdated and aging systems by storing your data on Ciphertex Data Security encrypted rugged drives until your systems have been overhauled
1. Upstream Data
2. Oil Field Data
3. Drilling Data
4. Locational Data (For Fracking)
5. Hydrocarbon Exploration Data
6. Refinery Data
7. Corporate Data Protection To Prevent Espionage
8. User Group Permissions
10. Large-Scale Simulation Data
11. Data Storage & Disaster Recovery (BCDR)
12. Secure Data Shuttle From Oilfield To Refinery
13. Secure Network Environment
14. Unauthorized Access Prevention
15. Seismic Data
16. Weather Data
17. Data Secure Availability/Accessibility To Geoscientist And Engineers
18. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
19. Well Data
20. Crude Data
| Rugged Portability||A secure data collection product that can withstand the environment of any oil field, drilling, or fracking location. Lightweight and compact for easy transport.||Easily and fast transfer of business critical data in the field and secure data shuttle for better business productivity and data protection.|
|Scalable Solutions |
An efficient method to allocate data space as needed to maximize ROI.
|Ciphertex Data Security scalable solutions like portable NAS servers and Software defined storage rackmounts are high density and high capacity solutions that efficiently handles data growth and allows for bigger data lakes for more analysis and better business decisions.|
|Real-time remote replication/RAID||Real time or scheduled data backups happen in reduced time for better backup efficiency. Archive and Backup data for protection and redundancy to enable security of business critical files.||Better business continuity and disaster recovery to minimize risk for more effective and efficient business practices.|
|Centralized Data||Reduces inefficient storage use, data inaccuracies while offering collaboration and easy access for more business productivity.||Maximize datasets usability and reliability for better analytics, productivity, and business efficiency. |