HISTORY & LEADERSHIP
A MESSAGE TO OUR CUSTOMER
Ciphertex® is a leading data security solutions provider and is trusted by organizations worldwide and in various industries. Ciphertex delivers powerful, secure and portable data storage systems using advanced hardware encryption. Ciphertex DAS and NAS systems offer unparalleled performance, security and reliability — seamlessly integrating hardware based AES 256-bit encryption with the latest in RAID storage technologies and smart chassis design. Designed-in flexible connectivity is guaranteed with each system able to support the leading storage interfaces and operating systems. Each multi-bay Ciphertex system also offers simplistic functionality and setup via its graphical user interface combined with a powerful data management software suite.
Ciphertex NAS, DAS, and single drive storage systems are lightweight and portable in order to be accessible to people with disabilities.
In cryptography, ciphertex(t) or cyphertex(t) is the result of encryption performed on plaintext using an encryption algorithm, called a cipher. Ciphertex(t) is also known as encrypted or encoded information because it contains a form of the original plaintext that is unreadable by a human or computer without the proper cipher to decrypt it, the inverse of encrypt.
Here are just a few of his accomplishments:
- Led one of the first teams that developed sophisticated storage systems (hard drives) used in military satellites.
- Used his proprietary technologies to double the capacity of IBM and Memorex drives.
- Co-founded Brand Technologies, which designs & manufactures high-speed, fast access hard drives.
- Contracted by one of the largest US banks for disaster recovery, recovering 90%+ of the data from 11,000 fire-damaged drives (initiating the first standards for court-approved data).
- Consulted with the FBI & Secret Service, developing specs for data forensic capturing systems.
- Pioneered the development of forensically sound data capturing systems for the FBI, Secret Service, Interpol and many other law enforcement agencies around the world.
- Worked closely with the Forensic Science Service, a UK Government agency, to develop one of the most powerful cellular data capturing systems still used today.
- Set up and provided data forensic training to law enforcement agencies around the world.
- Founded Logicube, Inc., a leader in data duplication and computer forensics.
Dr. Stahl is Managing Director of Ciphtertex Information Systems Security Services. He leads a highly skilled team of senior information systems security managers whose experience extends from managing the security of the IT infrastructure all the way to the Board Room.
This highly mobile team has senior-level management experience and leadership capabilities to assist clients in the design and implementation of action-focused information security improvement programs. His expertise includes a comprehensive understanding of ISO 27001-27002, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI DSS, and the myriad of information security and privacy laws emerging throughout the world.
Dr. Stahl earned his Ph.D. in mathematics from The University of Michigan. He speaks and writes regularly on information systems security and has articles in both the 5th and 6th editions of the Information Security Management Handbook. Dr. Stahl currently serves as President of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Information Systems Security Association.
Mr. Maryman also has a wide−range of electronic discovery experience in recovering and processing electronic records produced by a broad variety of computer operating systems and applications. He has testified extensively in criminal and civil matters and provid- ed depositions and affidavits in support of civil litigation efforts.
He leads Ciphertex Data Forensic Services, managing a highly skilled and seasoned team of Data Forensic Examiners with extensive experience performing technical, training and investigative services for U.S. and international agencies as well as Fortune 1000 companies. This team has conducted forensic data acquisitions, retrieval, and analysis on an extensive variety of digital evidence ranging from electronic business records and communications to network logs and encrypted files.
“From litigation support to cyber response matters, our team has not only been there and done that, we lead the way.”