Ciphertex Return Policy
Ciphertex follows a general 15-day return policy for “returnable” items. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain an email from Ciphertex, stating the return policy of an item, prior to purchase. Ciphertex does NOT and CANNOT accept RA# requests beyond 15-days from product delivery. Ciphertex return policies are subject to change at any time and without prior notice. In order to return an item, customers must obtain an RA# (Return Authorization Number) as well as the proper “Ship To” address. Returns information may be obtained by sending an e-mail to Tech-Support.
A return request must be approved by Ciphertex and the item shipped to the address specified in the Return Authorization. Approved returns are classified as defective or non-defective and abide by the following terms:
Defective items: Defective items will be replaced by Ciphertex. Should Ciphertex accept the defective return, a replacement item will be shipped to the customer after the defective item is received, inspected and approved by Ciphertex. If the customer requests an immediate shipment on the replacement item, Ciphertex will charge them the full amount, including shipping. The customer will then be refunded the cost of the defective item minus original shipping charges, after the defective item is received, inspected and approved by Ciphertex. If a refund is requested on a defective item, the customer will be refunded the original cost of the defective item, minus shipping and a 15% restocking fee. It is the customer’s responsibility to return the item to the address specified by Ciphertex in the Return Authorization, at the customer’s expense. Ciphertex is not responsible for any charges incurred by the customer in returning an item.
Non-Defective items: Upon Ciphertex approval, non-defective items may be returned for an exchange, store credit, or refund. All approved, non-defective returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The customer will be refunded the original cost of the item, minus shipping and a 15% restocking fee. It is the customer’s responsibility to return the item to the address specified by Ciphertex in the Return Authorization, at the customer’s expense. Ciphertex is not responsible for any charges incurred by the customer in returning an item.
In order to expedite the returns process, please be sure to include the following items in your email:
- Invoice #
- Company Name (if applicable)
- Contact person
- Please provide the Part Number as well as the quantity of all items returned.
- Reason(s) for return or exchange.
- If the item is defective, please provide a detailed explanation of the problem.
- Indicate whether or not the package has been opened.
- If the package has been opened, indicate if you have the original manufacturer’s
- box that the item(s) were shipped in?
- If returning a defective item, indicate whether you would like a replacement or refund.
The response time for RA# requests typically takes 24-48 hours. Ciphertex will not accept any return item(s) not in their original manufacturer’s box. Should the customer not have the original box and packaging materials, it is their responsibility to obtain such items from the manufacturer at their own expense.
After obtaining the RA# and shipping address, please take the following steps:
- Package the ordered item(s) securely in their original box, along with all packaging materials.
- DO NOT write on the box itself. Shipping labels MUST be used.
- Write the proper shipping address on the self-provided labels. Remember, returns without an RA# will NOT be accepted.
- Please include your full name, address, and RA# on the return label. The RA# must be written on the shipping label above the returns warehouse address.
- Ship return item(s) via UPS, FedEx, or other third-party carrier that utilizes a tracking system and offers insurance on shipped items. Obtaining insurance from the carrier for the value of the item(s) in the package is recommended. Ciphertex is not responsible for any lost return items/packages or any other damage that results from shipment to our returns warehouse. The customer must obtain and keep their tracking# in a safe place until the return item(s) is/are received by our returns warehouse.
- After the RA# is issued, the item(s) must be returned within 15 days from the date of issuance. Returns will NOT be accepted after the 15 day window from the date the RA# was issued.